Friday, August 13, 2010

30-Day Test

As Earl Nightengale and I were walking the track today, he mentioned a 30-day experiment that consisted of 6 steps.

I'm listening to my MP4 player and trying to write the points Earl is making. Some of this needs to be refined, but the basic information is:

Isaac Newton said "For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction." And what follows is based on this thought.

We literally become what we think about. As we sow, so shall we reap. Cutting all fetters. Rising above narrowmindedness and pettiness. The opportunities for us today are enormous beyond belief. We use all the courage we have to concentrate on our own problem, thinking about the many possible solutions. Act promptly and decisively when your course is clear. Save at least 10% of every dollar we earn.

Points in the price we must pay
1. You become what you think about. We must control our thoughts
2. Think about imagination let your mind begin to soar
3. courage. Think about your goal every day.
4. save 10% of every dollar
5. Take action. Goals are worthless if we don't act on them.

1. Write on a card what it is that I want more than anything else - Retire Wealthy so I can enjoy doing what I want when I want. This also includes working for myself and traveling - Carry it with me every day. Think about it cheerfully every morning and every night. Think about what it would be like to reach this goal. How would I feel if I retired and lived the life I was born to live. Realize we must become what we think about.

2. Stop thinking about what it is we fear. Every time a thought of fear comes to mind, think about what it is we want. Take control of my mind. Think about what I want. Give of myself more than ever before. The returns in life will be more than what we give.
Ask and it shall be given you. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, seeks finds, and knocks it is opened.

3. And my MP4 battery died. I'll have to continue this once it's recharged.

No comments:

Post a Comment