Sunday, July 3, 2011

Holiday Weekend

I've been so excited about the Holiday weekend. I planned to do nothing. Rest, relax, rejuvenate, and watch suspense shows on Hallmark Movie Channel all weekend. It's fun to figure out who will die, and then to figure out who dun it.

WELL.

I started the weekend by taking off early Friday because I had Altar Guild duties this weekend, and the best time for us to get together was Friday afternoon. Afterward, I stopped by the grocery store.

I had a Toastmasters meeting Saturday morning, then I met my sister for lunch. We sat at Olive Garden and visited for 3-1/2 hours! It was so great to catch up with her and visit one-on-one. By the time I got home, I was tired, so I took a nap. Then I watched some of the suspense movies.

This morning, I had to go to church. Sunday School started at 8:30 a.m., then the service at 9:30. Afterward, more Altar Guild duties, and a hair cut appointment at JCPenney at Noon. I got home at 1:15, hungry and hot. I fixed mushroom Swiss burgers for lunch and took a nap.

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting the appraiser to check the house. I'm refinancing my mortgage from a 30-year note to a 15-year note. I still have 20 years on the current note, and with the interest rates so low, I can't let this get by me. I should have done it sooner when the rates were even lower, but I didn't know where to begin. I got an email from my mortgage company, and I made a call. So far, the process has been painless, and I'm happy that paying off my mortgage earlier may be a reality. I really plan to pay off my bills. I've closed all credit cards, except one. I actually had it paid off a couple of years ago, but things happen, and it's back to its limit. Luckily, I only have one.

When I refinance, the home equity loan I got to get the new air conditioner for my house will be rolled into the loan, so that will be paid off (at least the monthly payment will go away). The loan officer I'm talking to said if I continue to make the payments like I am now, I'll pay off the mortgage in 10 years. That would be nice, I'd rather pay off my credit card, car loan, and signature loan that I have. THEN I'll work on the mortgage. I plan to follow Dave Ramsey's plan.

FIRST, I have to have the AC and brakes fixed on my car. It seems things pile on sometimes. But I've survived worse, and I'll get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment