Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day 2 in Atlanta

I think I brought the rain from San Antonio to Atlanta! We woke up to a cloudy, very humid day. By the time we were dressed and ready to go, it was raining. That didn't dampen our spirits - we just made sure we had our waterproof jackets with hoods and went on about our day.

Our first stop was my friend's daughter's house so I could meet her kids. They are both so cute! They look alike, but one has light skin, blond with blue eyes, and the other has an olive complexion with dark hair. The 4-week-old baby was asleep, and before we left the foyer, he was in my arms. The older one (3 years old) has been recovering from pneumonia. He was suffering from cabin fever and was glad for our attention. Our being there allowed their mom to run to the grocery store.

Do you remember what it was like to have two little ones? Mine are 2 years apart, and I found it was harder to take care of 2 than twice as hard as taking care of 1. There were the conflicts, touches of jealousy, both needing me at the same time. Yikes! Parents of young kids should be young; that way they can keep up with it all. I can babysit for a while, but not take on the responsibility day after day.

We went to Ruby Tuesday's in Newnan for lunch. I got the salad bar and fish tacos without the sour cream and the sauce they drizzle on it. Even without all the extras, they were pretty good. I loved the salad bar - it had edamame and all sorts of good stuff. I stayed away from the REALLY good stuff like the potato salad and other more fattening offerings. My friend ordered a California something flatbread. She shared a piece, and it was delicious! But, I'm sticking with the fresher foods.

After lunch, we went to Lowe's, and while we were there, it rained cats and dogs. We thought we'd have to spend the day there. It let up a bit, and when we got back in the car, I suggested we just head back to her house and have some wine.

You know, shortly after we settled in at her house and had a couple glasses of wine, the rain stopped. If we hadn't had the wine, we would have tried getting out again, but we enjoyed visiting. We made Ezekiel tortilla pizzas with sauce and mozzarella and parmesan cheese. I had made a large salad earlier in the day, and we had that with the pizza. I thought it was delicious. But I'm used to this food. I don't know what she thought. She liked the salad. She had an Italian dressing that was to die for from a nearby restaurant. Y-u-u-u-m! It was so good, it was probably very bad ;o).

No comments:

Post a Comment