Monday, August 9, 2010

Publish a magazine, cont.

I'm continuing to work on my goal to publish a magazine. There is so much to learn. I went to Barnes & Noble today during lunch to look for a couple of magazines to help me get started. I didn't see Publish, which is one I was looking for, and another I wanted was about scrapbooking. I guess I'll have to go to Michael's or Hobby Lobby for those. I did see a couple of magazines about blogging. They were beautiful, and I felt like such an amateur. Maybe I'll blog instead of publishing a magazine. There is so much to learn. I am hoping to have something going by December; it'll take some work.

I'm surrounding myself with positive, successful people who are willng to share their lessons and insights. Today I bought my first issue of Success Magazine, and it came with a CD. I'm listening to the CD as I write this.

Success Magazine is so inspirational. This issue is about Giving. Giving begins the process of Receiving. I remember the first time I heard a sermon on giving and how it leads to receiving. I thought it was a bunch of mularkey designed to take more money out of our pockets. But you know, the more I give, the more I have what I need when I need it. The truth is you don't get what you need -- you get what you deserve. I guess that by giving more, I deserve more. Hmmm. I'm getting too deep for 11:20 at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment