Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Day in the Life . . .

of me. I finally got a chance to check out the YouTube video of my mentor, and it didn't work. What do you do when a YouTube video doesn't work? I was sooooo disappointed. I really wanted to see it. Another disappointment yesterday was my inability to publish a book I'm working on to Kindle. I'm not writing the book, I'm publishing it. Once I got the HTML file done and saved it, it replaced several images with black boxes. Soo disappointing.

I went to the memorial mass of a co-worker yesterday. It was so sad. He was here one day, and had a brain tumor the next. He went through 6 months of diagnosis, treatment, health issues, and he finally died. We really miss him. I noticed a bit of mail that I didn't recall seeing before and when I went through it yesterday morning, there was a note from his wife thanking me for sending cards to him. It really lifted his spirits.

I talked to my sister yesterday. This is another part of personal development that I need to address -- being there when someone is hurting or needs help. And having a life that is so stuffed that I don't have time to do things like visit someone in the hospital. Saturday after the Beyond Basics meeting, I'll go wherever the family is. My nephew had a baby with health issues, and they've been in the hospital since her birth March 21. I haven't been by at all. My sister said I couldn't visit her, but I could probably visit them while they're waiting. I don't know. I could take food to them because they spend all their time at the hospital after work. I feel helpless and like I'm letting them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment