Saturday, November 26, 2011

Baby Steps in Personal Development

I started reading Zig Ziglar's Fleas, Biscuits, and Pump Handles as my nighttime reading and the Bible this morning. I read the first 4 chapters of Matthew. I usually start with Genesis and by the time I get to Exodus, I've quit. Zig's book is about building up your self-esteem. I really like it. I can hear Zig's voice the whole time I read it.

As a way to exercise my brain, I bought a book of logic puzzles. Man, they're tough. I got the first one, and the example, but I didn't do so well on the next one. I'm still working on #4. They are definitely challenging. I like working puzzles. Maybe once I get the hang of these, they'll help me work out other sorts of puzzles and problems.

Tomorrow is a Matlock marathon. Hopefully I won't lose ground because of Matlock. I moved my laptop back to the dining table so I can blog while watching TV, and my Jim Rohn notebook is here as well. I'm trying to make sure everything is easy to access and keep moving forward.

Jim Rohn said that the promise of the future is an awesome force. Until I heard this, I didn't realize my vision of the future doesn't go much farther than next week. I remember when I was about 16 and I was putting things in my hope chest. I never thought I'd actually live long enough to use anything that had collected in my hope chest. Now I see at the tender age of 59-1/2 that I still don't look into the future. I still live for now. I'm going to have to work on that. Right after my nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment