Saturday, December 3, 2011

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone at Church

You'd think that after being in Toastmasters for 20 years, I would be able to do anything in front of an audience. But no.

I haven't volunteered to be a Lay Eucharist Minister at my church because I don't want to have to read the readings or Prayers to the People. I go to the Wednesday night service at church, and I mentioned to our pastor this past Wednesday that I might read the lesson, and he said "Go for it!" So I did! I read Deuteronomy. It was a short reading, but I might ask if I can do it again next Wednesday.

There will be a training session for several of the ministries, and I'll train to be a LEM so I can help with the Eucharist during weddings. I don't plan to do the Sunday Services, but maybe Wednesday. I love the Wednesday service. It's very small and short.

No comments:

Post a Comment