Saturday, January 29, 2011

Good Friends and the Good Life

I have 2 special friends that I really enjoy being with. We've been a trio since 2000, and we get together whenever we can. Unfortunately, our paths seem to be moving in different directions, so we don't see each other as often as we'd like. But, this evening, we had dinner and shopped and had a great time catching up. We had an excellent meal at Longhorn's Steak House, where we exchanged Christmas gifts, and then followed it up with a shopping trip to Barnes & Noble. We left there at 10:55. It was really a nice last-minute decision that we all were grateful for.

We went to Barnes & Noble because I wanted to get a couple of zippered book covers that I could use to keep the books I'm reading in with pens, highlighters, and something to take notes. I have some small 3-ring binders, and I thought I'd print some lined paper to keep with the books. I'd take notes and then put the notes in the binder.

The notes could be ideas for speeches and some seminars I'd like to give. I'm really excited about learning more and teaching about leadership. I mentioned in yesterday's blog about the books I've received so far that I ordered from Thriftbooks.com. Well the last one came today -- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason. I'm planning to read it first. I started Rohn's Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness and Ziglar's Biscuits, Fleas and Pump Handles, but Clason's will be the first one I'll concentrate on.

I got to visit with my grandson today. I haven't seen him since Christmas. Tomorrow (8 minutes from now) he'll be 3 years old. He's just the cutest thing. I built a Lego house with him and gave him a bath in the kitchen sink after he and his mom (my beautiful daughter) washed the dishes together. It was so cute to see him standing on a chair next to her handing her dishes so she could rinse them for the dishwasher. He got a drum set from his other grandmother (Nana) for his birthday. He was pretty excited about it. I bought a game and some books for him.

I can't wait to read The Richest Man in Babylon. I'll have to tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment