Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I've usually decided on my resolution(s) by now. I'm procrastinating, and I don't know why.

Let's see if we can narrow the possibilities.

I definitely want to lose weight, so my first resolution is to weigh 160 by Christmas by following the Weight Watchers plan and working out or walking at least 3 times a week.

I want to achieve DTM in Toastmasters, and to do that, I have to be a leader above the club level for a year. I will volunteer as Area Governor for the 2011-2012 term. I will finish mentoring the CU Speak Club, and follow the High Performance Program. I think my project will be either Busy Hands, bracelets, build the membership of our club (which may be the easiest), start a community garden at work, start a recycling program at work. We have a soda can and cardboard recycle program, but nothing for cans or soda bottles.

I want to put $1000 in the bank, which I think I can do this year. I also want to pay off my credit card. It may take more than a year to do that.

I can't think of a material thing I want. Maybe a Kindle or a GPS.

I'd like to find a Bible study class or some way to learn more about God and Jesus or the Holy Spirit. I believe the Holy Spirit and my guardian angel are with me all the time.

I think I'd like to do things like go bowling, make something ceramic, clean out the garage enough to get 2 cars in it.

We'll move the Nordic Track into the workout room and the body by jake to my daughter's. There are lots of books in the garage that we need to move to the library.

My friend and I will go on a cruise the end of April to Honduras and Belize. I'm excited about that. It'll be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment