Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Still Plodding Along . . .

Even though I haven't blogged in a few days, I'm still plodding along. I've been busy with going to the gym and trying to make ends meet. As usual, I have more month at the end of my money. I've had some unexpected, unusual expenses, and we have just enough to get to payday. I have 4 boxes of Avon products that I've accumulated over the 3-1/2 year as an Avon rep, so I decided to wrap them and try to sell them as gifts that people could buy to give.

My son and I spent the whole day Sunday gathering wrap, tissue, gift bags, the Avon products, and the prices of the products. Then as I prepared the gifts, I took photos of the product and the bag I put it in and added the prices. Then I made flyers with the product photos listed like a catalog. Monday I sent an email to everyone at work who is a customer. Then today I sent one to all the men in my department. Monday one of my customers wanted to buy a pair of earrings, and today a coworker wants to buy a pair of sunglasses. That makes $18! And a customer still owes for her order. That's $11.61! So, with these sales, I'll even have enough for gas!

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my car. I've had a Jaguar X-Type since April 5, 2006. It's a 2004, and I LOVE it! Jaguar has been my dream car since I was 12, and I finally was able to get one. The odometer will hit 91,000 miles this week. Then the extended warranty will expire, and I'm afraid I won't be able to afford the next repair that comes along. It may be that I can drive it another year without anything going wrong. But, can I take that chance? I'm considering trading it in on something that's domestic and cheaper to repair. Then, in 3 years when I've paid off the jumbo loan I have, I can reconsider buying another Jaguar or something else.

My son found a 2006 Impala with 125,000 miles for less than $6K that I'm considering. I may put my car up for sale and see if I can get $7K for it. Then I can buy something else. I just don't want to have to make another payment. Actually, I can't afford to make another payment.

I figure when I pay off this loan, I can put these payments toward my mortgage, and by 2021, my house will be paid off. I can then retire and live a life of leisure. One thing I want to do once I retire is hang out at the gym and take the classes like Zumba, Waterworks, maybe the spin class, and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment