Friday, December 30, 2011

Wrapping Up the Year

It's true -- life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes. That's how I feel life has been lately.

I cannot believe 2011 is almost over. I've been busy. I want to do so much, and I don't do half of what I want to do. I truly believe the TV is stealing so much of my time. And since I'm closing in on the last 20 or 30 years, I can't waste a minute.

Katy Weber sends a Red Lotus Letter regularly, and the one I received this week included an attachment that is "My 2012 Goals -- Personal New Year Planner." The first thing the planner asks for is My Top 10 Accomplishments in 2011. That stumped me at first. I've come up with 9. Some are pretty weak.

  1. Made the decision to earn DTM (Distinguished Toastmaster).
  2. Became an Area Governor, a requirement to earn DTM.
  3. Started the High-Performance Leadership Project to earn DTM.
  4. Continued to lead the web skills team.
  5. Signed up for and started the Jim Rohn One-Year Personal Development Plan.
  6. Started writing letters to family and friends.
  7. Set up regular time to visit with my Grandson.
  8. Went on a cruise, and I paid cash for it. It didn't follow me home.
  9. Joined a gym.
  10. Found out I was allergic to several foods and have adjusted my eating to avoid those allergens.
Gosh, look at that! I have 10!

The next thing is the Goals for 2012

My goal this year is to
  1. Actually work the Jim Rohn PDP.
  2. Continue to build relationships with my daughter and her family. To visit with my dad at least once a month. To continue writing letters and sending cards to family and friends regularly.
As a result, I think, act, feel, and work as if I'm thin and healthy, I'm growing as a leader because of Toastmasters and John Rohn.

My no. 1 goal in 2012 is to Complete the Jim Rohn PDP.

My Top 5 Goals for the Year are:
  1. Continue to build my leadership skills
  2. Continue to build my relationships
  3. Save enough money to be able to pay for car repairs without having to get a loan
  4. Save enough money to be able to pay for the once a year expenses like HOA, AAA
  5. Tithe
As a result of this, I would like to earn/accomplish
Distinguished Toasmaster and have enough money to cruise from Puerto Rico to the Southern Caribbean to celebrate.

But I would be happy with Finishing the Jim Rohn PDP.

No comments:

Post a Comment