Monday, January 2, 2012

Beginning a New Year

According to Feng Shui, we should start the new year organized, decluttered, and clean. Friday after I got off work, I began the decluttering. I went through a few bowls that started gathering junk on the kitchen counter. I cleared off a chair that had been collecting stuff for at least a year, I decluttered some shelves above the sideboard by the dining table, then I headed into my "studio/office" and started going through the 15 boxes that had gathered there while I was putting other rooms in order for the past 2 years. I went through the boxes, sifted through the papers, receipts, blank statements, photos, greeting cards, paid bills, insurance paperwork, and all sort of things I'd thrown into boxes over the past 20 years or so.

I spent the past 3 days sorting, reflecting, reminiscing, and purging, and the house feels so much better, except for the sneezing from the dust ;O). The recycle bin is full, and I have more to put in it. There are SEVERAL empty boxes to collapse and recycle. And I have several bags of papers to be shredded. Our credit union arranges for a truck that shreds so we can bring our stuff. I'm going to find out when that is so I can make sure I don't miss it.

Yesterday I spent several hours going through magazines looking for images for my vision board. I do a new vision board every year. This year, I think I'll concentrate on my personal development, not "things" like I have for the past years.

No comments:

Post a Comment