Sunday, June 10, 2012

Saturday, June 9 - Busy, busy day

I planned to go to the gym this morning, but that danged little voice talked me out of it. My ankle hurt a lot when I got home after the rehearsal, and I was on my feet 1/10 of the time I will be today! I decided to rest my ankle this morning. I'll have to wear comfortable shoes. Not pretty, but comfy. I seem to have lost a pair of shoes somewhere. They're soft and cushy, and they're missing.


Today I'm going to a retirement party for a dear friend at Mimi's in the Rim. I love Mimi's The food there is fabulous. I'm envious and sad at the same time. Envious because she won't have to go to work every day. Sad because this means I won't see her nearly as much as I do now. Unfortunately, that hasn't been very much lately because of my Toastmasters involvement this past year. I'm hoping she'll be able to join us for our weekly meetings once she figures out her retirement schedule.

After the party, I have to head to church for the wedding. We have altar guild this weekend, so my partner and I will get there early to do our duties before the wedding craziness begins. The rehearsal was long, but we got through it, and I think everyone is comfortable with how the wedding will happen.

I'm hoping I'll have a few minutes for a quick nap between the party and altar guild. If not, it will be an early evening, so I can crash early. Because I have altar guild, I have to go to church tomorrow as well to finish our weekly duties.

I will report on today's happenings later. Actually, the report of today's happenings. is in the blog before this one about being Wedding Coordinator.

No comments:

Post a Comment