Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Week 2 of Jim Rohn's One-Year Personal Development Plan

 

August 29, 2021

I’m excited! I lost more than 1 lb. in a day. I’ve lost 2.2 lbs. in a week! That’s a great average! I think I finally found the secret – keep track! OK, that’s not a secret. I would have gone completely off the rails if I hadn’t started tracking my carbs!

After I journaled my day last night, I completed reorganizing my sets in their new photo boxes and updated my inventory. My nails are now organized by price, then alphabetically.

I’m excited about the PCVFD Market Days! Just talked to Kaycie, and she’s IN!

In addition to the PCVFD Market Days, I’ve also applied to do a booth at 2 events at La Cantera, Dec. 4-5 and Dec. 18-19! Fingers crossed they accept my application.

Copied from the email:

How to turn nothing into something:

·  Have ideas and use your imagination.

·  Believe what you imagine is possible for you.

·  Go to work and make it real.

·  Appreciate and welcome the disciplines.

You need others—you cannot succeed by yourself. Each of us needs all of us.

Success is about producing more than we need so we can give to others.

The best way to make the most of this material is to start by being thankful for what you already have.

To succeed in extraordinary times and unprecedented opportunity we need to:

·  Learn multiple skills

·  Learn the disciplines

·  Be eager to learn

·  Argue later—just take it in for now

·  Be a student, not a follower

Debate brings refinement of ideas. Debate with yourself and others—and be a good listener.

Enlightened self-interest means we want to succeed so we can help others!

First you survive then you succeed!

Reaping is the reward for the planter. If you want to reap, you must do the work of planting.

Keep knocking and the door will eventually open.

There is a big difference between what you need and what you deserve.

Giving starts the receiving process.

Laws of riches and wealth:

·  Service to many leads to greatness

·  The Bible says to find a way to serve many

·  J.F.K. said to ask what you can do for your country

·  Zig Ziglar says if you help enough people get what they want, you will get whatever you want out of life

Action Steps This Week:

Most of the action steps related to Personal Development focus on the areas (goals, income, relationships, health, etc.) we will discuss more in depth later in this program, so this is the foundation work, with additional detailed information to come each month.

1.    Take some time this week to dream and imagine your future. See what the future you (the life you desire to have, the person you desire to be) will look like one year from now.

MY FUTURE – ONE YEAR

a.    After following the Keto Diet plan and making the necessary adjustments to begin healing and weight loss, I’ve finally reached my goal weight – 140 lbs.! Thank God I met Shirley in Las Vegas! She helped me reshape my body by getting rid of the fat cells. I look and feel fabulous!

b.    I started exercising 3x a week at first and managed to change it to 5-6x a week, increasing it to an hour a day. I walk, workout at the gym and home, swim, do yoga and a modified pilates.

c.     Once the quarantine lifted (mainly self-imposed), I started spending more time with friends and developing deep friendships like I had before I got married.

d.    I just started dancing after 15 years! I was so rusty at first, but it didn’t take long to get my stride. There are a couple of guys I like to dance with, and I see them quite often at the clubs.

e.    St. George has once again become a big part of my routine. I help Barbara with the birthday cards, continue with Altar Guild and funeral reception ministry. We’ve had a few weddings in the past year, and I was able to add to my Wedding team.

f.     In the past year, I’ve completed most of the books I started in addition to reading several other books. I really enjoy having that quiet time each day and evening. My favorite days are those I just listen to music while I read and work.

g.    My house has been transformed! The inside is absolutely magazine cover quality, thanks to Crystal and the CKC team.

h.    I spend as much time with my family as possible. They have even started inviting me on their outings! What fun!

i.      I go to Jannalyn’s house at least 3 times a week to swim. We really enjoy each other’s company and have some good discussions.

2.    Write down six main things (more if you like) you see in the person you will become one year from now. It can be related to your health, relationships, career, family, spiritual life, income, etc.

3.    Write down six things you want to do on a weekly basis that will contribute to becoming the person you see above and circle the ones you are not currently doing. These will be your main focus. If your health is great but your relationships suffer, keep your health curve up, but start focusing on a few things you need to do for your relationships.

4.    Make a list of 20 things you are thankful for in your life. Set a goal to review your list each day this week.

5.    Start seeing yourself and thinking in terms of the person you see yourself becoming a year from now. Act and think as that person would.

6.    Each day this week, do at least one selfless act for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment