Monday, June 10, 2013

Granite countertops

I got home a few minutes late, and everyone was hard at work. Superman was busy moving boxes out of the living room. The paint expert wasn't here, but the guy who can do everything was painting away. I paid them and headed out.

I just returned from Home Depot where I ordered the granite countertops. Ubatuba! I love the name. I compared the stone piece I had to the counter display they had, and theirs was much more colorful than mine, which I like better. She said it was 7 years old compared to the sample. I'll get to pick out the slab! How exciting!

The website had all the paperwork and a measurement sheet that I filled out. Because I did all the homework, the sales associate kept saying I was so good and it made her job easy breezy. The only thing I did wrong was not round up the square foot count. I calculated 30.5, and she calculated 31 square feet. I don't have the appliances in place, so I'm going to see if they'll wait to take the final measurements. I have to have my sink bought, but not necessarily in place. HD doesn't have single-tub stainless steel sinks, so I'll have to look elsewhere.

I boxed up everything I didn't NEED to live, and Superman put it all in the garage. There's barely enough room to get around my car, but it still fits in there with all the stuff. The biggest problem is the breaker box is behind 6 feet of stuff. Oh well!

So, now I have a coffee maker, microwave on the dining table, dishwasher (full of dishes), and refrigerator in this end of the house. My bedroom has 2 suitcases, a laundry basket, my bed, and a telephone. There's a large towel by the bed so I can wipe my feet off before I climb in each night.

That's all the news worth reporting.


No comments:

Post a Comment