Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Living like it's 1960.

I have a new refrigerator, a new stove, and a new micro(wave)hood. They are all installed, and they are all still covered in plastic. I feel like I'm living in the 1960s. I can see them, but I can't touch them. Actually, they're covered to protect them from us while all is still chaotic at the house.

I got my car back today from the shop. It's amazing how quiet it runs when everything is in working order. I thought Jaguars were supposed to knock and ping and sound like they're falling apart. At least mine did all the time!

Last night I crawled around the floor and installed the little door stoppers so we'd stop putting dents in the walls. The poor painter can't keep up with us.

Tomorrow I'll have to take a long lunch to weigh in, deliver some newsletters, and to hunt down the trim. McCoy's doesn't have it. They suggested Allen & Allen, which closes at 5:00!

I really like the trim above the kitchen cabinets. My #1 guy said it's not special, but I think it's altered. I guess I'll have to drag this long piece that I have with me to compare it to what I can find in the stores. It looks like I'll be trim shopping for July 4th. The members of my crew all have other side jobs waiting.

I mentioned in one of my first blogs about this adventure that we were a party of strangers. We have become family. It's going to be lonely once everything is done. But I'll be able to stop and think.

No comments:

Post a Comment