Thursday, February 24, 2011

Busy and Lovin' It!

When I last blogged, I was at the tail end of a very busy couple of weeks preparing a proposal at work.

I followed that 40 hours of OT in one week with another week of 20 extra hours editing a book. I thoroughly enjoyed that project. The book was interesting, the author was easy to work with, and he really appreciated what I did. In addition to using the new MS Word skills I learned working on the proposal, I learned how to do a booklet because he wanted the book to be 5.5 x 8.5 format. Then we published it with Amazon for Kindle. AND I got paid too!

Even though I've been crazy busy, I spend at least 15 minutes each night reading something. I'm in the middle of Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness by Jim Rohn. I'm to the point where I have to write what I want. When I get to this point in any book, where I have to think and put down my thoughts, I balk! I find myself not wanting to make the effort to think. Maybe I'm doing this at the wrong time of the day. Maybe I'm lazy. Maybe I don't thik I'm worth the effort.

This morning I had a talk with myself. I reminded myself that I am in charge of what I eat, what I think, and what I do. No more letting the stupid little voice tell me what to do. I know what is right, and I'm going to do what is right. Discipline! That's what I'm lacking. I've always had a problem with discipline. Even the singles website Plenty of Fish nailed me. When I read that I lack discipline, I was put off at first. Then I realized they were right! Jim Rohn talks about discipline. You have to have the discipline to make a difference, to make a change, to improve yourself.

I've been treading water for a year, waiting for whatever it is I've been waiting for to inspire me to lose weight, to save money, to work out regularly. This morning I realized I'm waiting on MYSELF!

I don't have too much planned for this weekend, so the first thing I'm going to do is straighten out my office. It won't take more than a couple of hours. I have stuff in the middle of the room that needs to be sorted between trash and recyclables. This means I have to make a system for each so I won't have to go through this. I did it in my bedroom. I now have a recycle bin and a trash bin so I don't have to sort when it's time to take them out. It makes life so much easier. I still don't LIKE taking them out, but it is easier.

My son is looking for a car. I realized last weekend that his bedroom is in the Feng Shui travel sector of the house, and his room is a mess. My office is in the prosperity sector, and it's a mess. Is it any wonder we're having problems in those 2 areas? We can't seem to find a car for him, and I can't seem to keep my emergency fund in the bank. Plus, a friend and I have talked about going on a cruise for 9 months, and we haven't gone yet.

Anyway, I have dreams, big dreams. Now I have to do the homework and WRITE THEM DOWN!!! so I can develop the discipline to make them come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment