Monday, February 28, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray! My Son Got a Car Today!

It's a 98 Ford Explorer, and we're both excited! I get my Jaguar all to myself for the first time in 17 months! I haven't had it to run errands in the evening since Jan 3. Believe me, I am so ready to get back to a normal life. The first place we went after the car lot was to Jiffy Lube, and I'm glad we did. It needed to be inspected, which we didn't notice. It needed a new air filter and coolant. The radiator was clogged with old rust that was the consistency of peanut butter. It needed a tail light and a rear windshield wiper. That cost $200, but the guy there said it probably would not have made it home with the radiator in that shape.

One more thing needs to be fixed. The last guys who test drove the car broke the handle on the driver's side, so my son has to climb over the console to drive. But, he does it! Our neighbor will help him fix that this weekend.

I'm so glad I took the day off today to get a car for him. We were determined that today was going to be the day! Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment