Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thinking About How I Think!

I find when it's time to write my thoughts or to answer questions, I always have a reason for not doing it right away. I think I'll do it later. And later never comes. I'm obviously missing something. Maybe it's the key to why I'm not progressing. Or maybe I need to be more prepared, to take my time and not be in such a hurry. When I was in school, I found the homework that was designed to teach critical thinking skills was my least favorite homework. It's funny. I avoid thinking about things other people want me to think about, but I really enjoy figuring out problems and thinking about things that interest me.

I need to realize how important these things are that people like Jim Rohn, Darren Hardy, Bob Proctor, Jeffry Gitomer, etc. want me to think about and become part of me. If I didn't have the spirit of a rebel, I'd learn these things faster and make quicker progress. Yet, Rohn says we should debate the things we learn. We should look at it from all sides. And, I do that. Anyway, I've been called an anomaly, and I guess that's what I am. Or maybe I'm just hard headed. I'm not stubborn. I just need to figure it out for myself.

Wow, here I am, 58 years old, and I'm still learning about myself. Now that I'm finding insight into my soul, maybe I can make some important changes.

I know it's been a problem that I don't write notes in the margins or highlight important things in the books I read. Most of my Bibles are still pristine. I ventured to put sticky notes in one, and I think I actually wrote in the margins a couple of times in another. Until a couple of years ago, I considered it sacreligious to write in a Bible.

I realized this was a problem, so I bought a couple of zippered book covers to hold the books I'm currently reading. Along with the books, there is ruled notebook paper that I made and punched holes in, a pen, a highlighter, and sticky notes. It has a handle, so it's easier to carry, and everything is together and convenient. This was all designed to make it easier to take notes and later keep in a small 3-ring binder. It is nice to have this "kit" with me. It's been a week since I made this kit. Do you think I've kept notes or highlighted anything. Well a little. I'm a hard nut to crack, but I'm crackable (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment