Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm in Charge of My Life

Once I realized yesterday that I was actually in charge of my life and my Mom isn't here to watch me and tell me what to do, I felt so empowered!

Here I am, 58 years old, and I'm just now getting it. Now that I've got it, I'm working hard to keep it.

It's funny that the 1-year personal development program I'm doing with Jim Rohn, Chris Widener, and Kyle Wilson is either spurring my thoughts, or my thoughts are in sync with what's happening. Either way, the Holy Spirit is definitely guiding me.

Let me explain. Yesterday I had this epiphany about my being in control, no one else. Then last night and this morning, I was studying the materials from the Plan and there were questions that made me think a little harder about that exact thing. They say that I won't recognize myself after a year. Well, I don't think that would be a bad thing.

The realization has actually made a big change in me. I would venture to say to my psyche. I have a sign in Word that reminds me that I'm in Charge of my life. My choices are mine to make. And I put it in front of me on one of my screens first thing each morning, and it occasionally pops up to the top so I can see it. It's a great affirmation.

I lost 1 lb at Weight Watchers yesterday. I really didn't deserve it. But I feel that I will deserve it next week because I'm making many little changes that will add up to a big difference. Zig Ziglar was talking about that today. Minute changes every day add up to big changes over time.

I'm so excited about the changes that are happening. The next week the Plan will include goal setting. First I'll have go to through a series of questions asking what I want then what I plan to do to get there. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment